Winter Fashion Inspiration

Friday, December 10, 2010


I have a confession. I've always loved the fair isle pattern and anything remotely Scottish, Icelandic, or Scandinavian folklore-inspired when it comes to clothing. (The history major in me is currently pointing out that those areas and cultures are very different and have vastly different styles. The product development major in me is telling the history major to shut up and stop being such a know it all.) Anyway, I am so excited that fair isle is trending right now and if I had my way, my entire winter wardrobe would consist of patterned sweaters, giant parkas, cashmere, and crazy embroidery. But since I don't have the money to pull that off, I will continue to hoard images of these and just pretend that I live in a fairy tale where it's totally acceptable to go running around the woods in a red cape and fur or some such thing. Like this (although I would totally wear this entire outfit minus the boots and the dead animal looking fur thing tied to her back...):


In all seriousness though, these are definitely winter style inspiration for me, although let's be honest, I'd freeze if I wore any of these right now:



Russian Vogue
I love the western and turquoise jewelry with the camel coat. I could take or leave the fur.

Ok, so this look is a little too hobo chic for my taste, but the sleeve, LOOK AT THE SLEEVE! THE EMBROIDERY!!! The costumer in me is freaking out just a little right now. LOVE!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have a somewhat funny story to tell you that is somewhat related to this blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |