New Years Resolutions

Monday, January 2, 2012


I'm usually not one for resolutions, I tend to completely forget about them after a few weeks. However, I think these are general enough that I can actually stick to them. I broke my resolutions down into 4 categories to make it simpler.

Make one new project a month: I used to make things all the time and it made me feel so creative and happy. I really want to get back into flexing my artistic muscles and I have a feeling that once I move into my new apartment this summer I'll have decorating projects like crazy!

Eat well, exercise more: Self explanatory. I was really good about this most of the year but I fell off the cart in November and never got back on. The worst part is that I can tell it's taking a toll on my body and health. So come January I'm going to hitch up the oxen and ford that river to better health, stopping in Independence to pick up some bullets so I can go shoot 542 pounds of meat but only carry 165 pounds of it back to my wagon. (What, you never played Oregon Trail?) I have a wedding in about 5 months! I need to get on this stat. (I also need to go track down that game. Do they still make it?)

Start a prayer journal, stop worrying: I read somewhere that to really see how God has been guiding and taking care of you in life to start a prayer journal and record how He has answered your prayers. When I start thinking of big moments in my life over the last years (graduating from school, finding a job, etc) it's obvious that things have worked out way better than I could have ever planned and I think this is a way to remind me of that. As for stop worrying, it goes along with the journal, I need to trust more and worry less.

Take a dance class: I'm out of excuses. I've been telling myself this for 2 years and I won't do it. Which is ridiculous because I've been wanting to take ballet or Irish dance and dancing makes me happy. So I need to stop stopping myself and just do it. And then join a Nike campaign.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sarah! I really love your resolutions, especially taking a dance class and starting a new project a month - I think we could all benefit from doing these things! I haven't really made any resolutions this year...yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meghan, Happy New Year to you too! There's still plenty of time for resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen about the stop worrying resolution. I need to do that as well. It reminds me of one of my favorite Bible passages: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matthew 6:34).

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |