Literary Inpirations - Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

This week's literary inspiration is a bit different. I've been doing classic books, so I thought why not try poems? Not surprisingly poems are a lot harder to make inspiration boards from since so many of them have to do with vague ideas an intangible things. But I decided to try anyway with one of my favorite poems: "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. It...sort of worked. It mostly just ended up being a bunch of nautical themed stuff, but I love that look so it works for me!


Blue and white stripes, rope knot bracelets, a helm necklace. Brass telescopes keep you heading in the right direction. Pillows and rings with sailing ships remind you of adventures on the high seas. Side tables made of ship's rope add a nautical theme to any room. Have your own adventures with a light house as your safe beacon and an albatross as your guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |