Modern American Girl - Meet Molly

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Meet Molly


We're already at the end! I can't believe there's only 5 more Modern American Girl sets to go. I'll have to think of what to do next. I'm thinking either Boxcar Children or Chronicles of Narnia - 1 set for each character. But I'm open to options and requests!

Ah Molly. I had mixed feelings about her as a kid. I loved her stories and her as a character, but she didn't have the pretty dresses and hair like the other dolls.  It's funny, I actually loved her stories more as I grew older and became more of a World War II buff. In fact, I happily re-read these all in college when I took a WWII history class.

 I decided to make Molly a hipster. I don't know why, it just sort of happened and I kind of love the idea. An American 40s hipster. Who wears stars and stripes (ok so that was really because the Olympics are starting tomorrow, but hey it works). Or maybe she's a Captain America fan girl. I was thinking about doing a hula costume since in this book they dress up for Halloween before her brother Ricky soaks their costumes with a hose and ignites a whole sibling rivalry ending with a shower of underwear, but I decided against it. Sigh, these books are great.


1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I've been looking forward to these the whole time. Although the outfits you picked for Samantha were excellent and definitely my favorite series so far, Molly's my favorite, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the books!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |