Rosemary Chicken Flatbread

Monday, March 5, 2012



I've been cooking up a storm lately, so here's another food post for you. This is what I like to call "what to do with the other half of the rotisserie chicken you bought to make posole".  Oddly I've never made my own pizza before, but since this combines some of my favorite things (olive oil, mozzarella, chicken, and spinach) I was pretty sure it would taste delicious. I started with this recipe for rosemary chicken pizza and did a few adjustments to account for the fact that my chicken was already cooked.

I made dough from a powder mix I had in my pantry. It was ok, I think next time I'll make it from scratch.

Mix olive oil and seasonings together and coat chicken. Note: only use a few tablespoons of olive oil instead of the 1/4 cup since the chicken is already cooked. Otherwise it's waaaay to much and will soak through the crust which will prevent it from cooking properly. And no need to marinate, just go right on to the next step, which is:

Sauté chicken with onions and garlic because chicken is always better like that. This also gets rid of some excess oil in case you did put the whole 1/4 cup of olive oil on the chicken. Whoops. 

Brush a coat of olive oil on the crust, layer chicken/onion/garlic mixture, spinach, and chopped sun dried tomatoes.

Dump a ton of mozzarella on top just because you can.

Bake 20-30 minutes until the cheese is nice, golden and bubbly. Enjoy. Try not to drool everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try this. :)
    I love your Modern American Girl series! It's been really fun seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The flatbread is pretty tasty, I've already made it again since I posted this :-)

      I'm glad you like the American Girl posts! I have a lot of fun making them so I'm happy people are enjoying them.

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |