Homemade Blackberry Pie

Friday, September 16, 2011


This week I crossed another item off my 25 Before 25 list and made a pie completely from scratch! I'm incredibly pleased with how it turned out, especially because I've never made a pie crust before. I used this recipe for a blackberry pie which includes instructions for a crust from scratch as well as how to make a lattice top. It also includes a bit of lemon zest in the recipe which I think is a great complement to the tarty sweetness of the blackberries. I know what I'm having for breakfast the rest of the week!






2 comments:

  1. Sarah...the pie looks delicious! Perfectly golden brown crust (impressive lattice) and just the right amount of berries! I'll save some berries in the freezer so you can make one for us the next time you come visit! :-)

    Enjoying all your recent blogs. Love to you & Kace...V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I was so happy it turned out, I had no idea what I was doing! I'll definitely make one for you guys. I haven't broken out my mixer yet, it's still at my parents' house, but I'm going to for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |