Wedding Wednesday - My Wedding Part 2

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Proof that a little rain doesn't wreck a wedding day! 

Time for part 2! And man, was it hard to choose photos, when all I want to do is share them all. After the ceremony we headed to downtown Milwaukee where our reception was being held at Cuvee, a champagne lounge in the Third Ward. We took group photos in the area and then started celebrating the night away!

My lovely ladies

The dashing gents


One thing Kacey insisted on was pine cones in his boutonniere. I want to thank Deb at The Flower Lady for somehow incorporating them into a June wedding and not making it look too Christmasy. They looked fantastic and the guys loved them. 



Cuvee is in this old cream city brick building with exposed ceilings and pillars, so I wanted to go with a rustic, vintage look to fit in with the design of the building. We didn't use a wedding planner or designer - everything was planned and made by my mom, mother in law, aunts, friends, and myself. 

I collected blue mason jars for about a year from various antique shops and flea markets and I love how they added a pop of color to the table. We went with a light palette of creams, blush, and peach for the flowers and wanted a loose, natural, garden feel for the tables. I made the table numbers (DIY to come!) and found mercury glass candle holders for a bit of shine on the tables. I ended up designing the menu cards on Illustrator to tie in with the vintage theme of the invitations. 




I'll be honest, the dessert table was probably one of my favorite things :-) That was one detail that I knew I wanted from the beginning. Simma's bakery did an amazing job on the cake and all the mini desserts, and I think it was the hit of the party! I was so busy talking and dancing that night that I didn't even get a chance to try anything - but luckily we took the extras home and froze them so I can eat the left over pastries whenever I want to remember the wedding! 



One last fun detail - the beaded butterfly on my bouquet was given to me by my grandma. It was part of her mother's wedding dress from 1918 that she kept all these years! I really wanted to find a way to use it in my wedding, I loved that it was a part of my history and it fit perfectly into the look of the wedding. I kept it a surprise, and right before I walked down the aisle I showed my grandma the bouquet with the butterfly attached. She was so excited that she ended up crying! I was so happy that I was able to use so many personal items from my mom and grandmas for the wedding. 


So that's my wedding! There are about a thousand other photos I wish I could share, but you've probably had enough. The entire day just flew past and was absolutely amazing. I wish I could go back and relive it all again, but so far married life has been just as great! 

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely arrangement you did! Each end everything should be very decorative and very beautiful also.




    Toronto DJs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first picture is ADORABLE, and it's so cool that you DIYed so much of your wedding. I love the idea of a dessert table, too. Wish I had thought of that especially since I'm not a big cake fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness your pictures turned out incredible! your wedding was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |