Pesto

Wednesday, June 2, 2010



A few days ago I made the first recipe from my food post, pesto. I love pesto and I was extremely pleased how mine turned out. I used a combination of pesto recipes to make up my own, and I think it turned out great:

  • 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
  • 3/4 cup of Parmesan and Romano cheese, mixed
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • salt and pepper to taste


Combine basil with pine nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times. Add garlic and olive oil and blend. Add cheese and pulse until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.

For easy storage, I like to freeze the leftovers in an ice tray, then pop them out and keep the cubes in a ziplock bag in the freezer. This way they are the perfect size for a single serving of pesto on pasta or sandwich!


One of my favorite simple recipes when I don't feel like cooking is to make up a batch of pasta, add some shredded chicken and mix with a melted pesto cube.

1 comment:

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |