I hope everyone is having a lovely 2014 so far! I’m kicking it off with an overseas business trip to China. By the time you read this I’ll be (hopefully) asleep somewhere over the Pacific Ocean en route to Hong Kong. It’s a looong flight so anything that makes it a bit more bearable helps. Here's my list of carry on essentials for international travel:
- Book/kindle/nook (I’m old fashioned and prefer a book, and yes, I am going to carry this giant thing with me). I’m reading Tai-Pan by James Clavell. Since I’m going to Hong Kong, I figured I’d read some historical fiction about it to get it the spirit and possibly learn something
- Inflatable neck travel pillow. Takes up less space than a stuffed one and can be adjusted to the right comfort level.
- Dry shampoo. After 15 hours on an airplane – yikes.
- Medicines – ibuprophen, tums, first aid kit, hand sanitizer, etc.
- Random emergency kit. My friend gave me this for Christmas and it’s fantastic. It includes things like a mini clear nail polish, safety pins, band-aids, tampons, and other misc. items for all sorts of emergencies.
- Business cards in a snazzy holder
- ipad/tablet/phone for staying in touch with the world
- Eye mask to make sleep easier
- Headphones/chargers/connecting cords stored in a little bag so they don't get lost
- Laptop for working
- Scarf which can double as a blanket if the plane is cold
- Deodorant toothbrush, and toothpaste – again, after 15 hours on a plane it may be needed.
- Extra pair of socks for comfort and warmth
- Extra set of clothes in case the unthinkable should happen and my luggage is lost
- Extra snack food as well as a bottle of water
- Make up bag
Those are my essentials, what are some of yours?
I'm not sure how often I'll be posting while overseas, but you can follow me on instagram: farbluemountains (if it's not blocked in China, otherwise I'll be massively uploading pics when I get back!)