Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes of Deliciousness

Monday, August 16, 2010



My office decided to hold our very own Iron Cupcake contest once a month and the first theme was "Fruit".  I was short on time the day before so I didn't make my cupcakes from scratch, but the box mix I made (with a few additions) turned out amazing, if I may say so. 

Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake Recipe:

1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
1 pint raspberries (fresh is preferred but frozen can also work)
1 can fudge frosting

~Take all but a few raspberries and let sit in a bowl with a tablespoon of water and a tablespoon of sugar
~Strain raspberries and keep the syrup for later 
~Freeze raspberries 
~Prepare cake according to box 
~Add frozen raspberries to batter and use a hand mixer to mix until just blended
~Spoon batter into baking cups and bake according to box directions

Frosting:
~Mix syrup from raspberries with frosting and frost cupcakes
~Top with a whole raspberry

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |