Fool and King, Ghoul and Goose

Monday, October 22, 2012


Once again real life seems to have gotten the better of me. Instead of stressing that I'm not posting as regularly as I'd like, I'm just going to say that posts will be a bit sporadic the next few weeks until everything calms down a bit. 

In the mean time, let's talk about costumes since Halloween is right around the corner. Confession time: I've always wanted to either throw or attend a masquerade ball. It just looks so fun! Those 18/19th century folk sure knew how to throw a party. You've got your crazy costumes, loads of food, fun dancing, and according to the sketch above, bears. All the ingredients to a killer night. (Ha, get it?) And just look at some of these costumes:














These 18th and 19th century women knew how to dress. There was none of this "sexy - insert-whatever-here" costumes. - Or perhaps there were? I mean, take a look at those hemlines. Costumes at masquerades seem to have had significantly shorter hemlines than your typical day or evening dresses. Still, look at the creativity behind some of these costumes; one woman is rocking wings that are fully attached to her arms. Another is wearing a ruff, witches hat, plus two animals. As for the bee costume, I actually think that's one of the best I've ever seen.

So here's to creative halloween costumes this year! Now I just have to think of one for myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |